Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Wallhanging, a Small Finish


I finished this mini quilt wall hanging this week. It's a miniature version of the "Little Peeks" quilt I did last year. In fact, this was made with the scraps from that same charm pack. These tiny cathedral window block measure just 2.5" square and the whole quilt is 22"x27".

I quilted this with a star burst pattern starting in the empty corner. I had wanted to do the big quilt this way, but didn't think I could manage it on a large scale. It worked out great in the small scale and really highlights the un-quilted "peeled back" windows.

I started this at a sit-n-sew at my LQS a few weeks ago. Everyone was very interested in the blocks I was making and how it would all come together, so I'm glad I got it together in time to take it to show and tell this month. I can't wait to show it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment