Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sunday Afternoon quilt

 After finishing the Ocean Waves flimsy I had the itch bad to piece something quick and simple.  So, Sunday I whipped up this sweet little baby quilt.  I've had most of these fabrics forever. One of the rare times I bought several cuts from the same fabric line that all went together.  Having stared at them long enough, I decided it was finally time to do something about it.
The focal fabric is this great bird print with teals, oranges, and greens.  I cut the focal fabric into large squares and cut rectangles from the coordinates plus some additional fabrics from my stash.  It's undeniably girly, but NOT pink and purple.  I love that.  I'm planning to put this one in my Etsy shop when it's done.

It measures 54" square and I can't tell you how good it felt to finish a top in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment