Thursday, September 24, 2015

Libby's Top Finished

My good friend Libby recently sent me a UFO top of hers to finish for Covered in Love.  This cool neutral snowballs quilt just needed some borders to fill it out and then quilting.  Done :)


Libby may not see this post since she's currently being a tourist in China (boo! I'm jealous!)  But I very much appreciate her sending it to me.


The circle parts are appliqued on with a tight zigzag stitch.  Backing for this was a neat grey/blue fabric from Hancocks. 


This quilt will be going up to the hospital with the next batch of donation quilts.  If YOU would like to donate to Covered in Love please check out the main page.


I'm also throwing in this little baby quilt to this week's finishes.  A friend asked for a little boy quilt for her grandson. I actually remembered to round off the corners this time!  I always intend to round the corners on baby quilts, but I usually forget.


Backing is this cute space rocket flannel, nice and cuddly for a new baby!


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday. I hope your week has been productive!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you were able to use the top, I like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete