Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Midweek Works in Progress

There has been a lot going ton lately around here.  All the H2H quilts have me so inspired! Last week I made backings for all the the tops I had built up, some from yardage and some from stash.  The 'to-quilt' list is bulked up again and soon I will have a quilting day.


Rory has also really enjoyed all the H2H quilt arrivals, primarily because she gets new boxes to lie in.  I've also started sewing together the May blocks drive quilts.

 

I decided to do several different layout for these blocks.


I love these simple blocks!  I have made 2 baby quilt variations of these blocks, too.  One is going to be my "Friday Finish" this week and the other is not yet done.


In this case I melded together the middle rows of small blocks into 4.5" squares.  This quilt is going to be the companion quilt to this one for a friend at work having twins.  That's what is happening around here, I hope you're having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. It's a surprisingly versatile block! Both layouts look great, although I like the bottom one a bit better. I lean more toward rather structured layouts when the fabrics are scrappy. I guess I can only handle a little chaos at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks turned out SEW well!! I'm sad that I didn't have time to contribute. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rory is such a good helper! What a beautiful cat! :)

    ReplyDelete