Thursday, June 1, 2017

Jannette's Green Stars

Jannette is a Canadian quilter who has very generously contributed to Covered in Love's block drives.  Recently she sent in four fabulous tops to be quilted up for the charity and I've got the first one done!

Spot the backward block? Yeah, neither did I until just now.  I'm not about to fix it... it's called character!
Covered in Love donates quilts to a Texas hospital where they are given to patients who pass away.  Quilts help bring comfort into a hospital room, and family members get to keep the quilt as a cuddly reminder of their loved one.


I love these sweet green stars!  I had the perfect matching backing fabric given to me by a quilter named Gail a while back.  I quilted it all over with a stipple and bound with black and grey fabrics.


The current Covered in Love block drive is going on until the end of June if you want to help out.  More info here



June 1st is Rory's birthday.  She's two, going on 70! Grumpy old lady :)


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Listening to... the Piano Guys.



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and very generous of Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I'm pleading the Fifth! Character works for me too...
    Love the backing and binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilt. So comforting & soothing looking. I can't find the backward block on my galloping horse so no worries on that one. Happy belated birthday to Rory. She looks very content & doesn't look like she will be going through those "terrible twos". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My galloping horse stopped for a drink, but that's the only reason I could find the "oopsie" block. Very soothing, pretty quilt! Thanks to Jannette for donating it! I'm going to go read her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful green quilt. Jannette is an excellent quilter. Sending belated happy birthday wishes to Rory :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat
    I have 19 blocks ready to mail, if you'll send me the address
    Barbara W

    ReplyDelete